Saturday, November 17, 2007

ELLEN under fire for not supporting writers
















Comedienne ELLEN DEGENERES is facing the protesters after she failed to act in supports of the screen writers’ strikes. While fellow talk show hosts David Letterman, Jay Leno, Jon Stewart and Conan O’Brien have all stood in support of the striking members of the Writers Guild of America (WGA). DeGeneres taped her show The Ellen GeGeneres Show the day after the union went on strikes.

She said, “There’s a writers’ strike going on, and here in Los Angeles, its huge story, I want to say I love my writers. I love them. I’m not going to do a monologue. I support them and hope that they get everything they’re asking for.

In the meantime, people have traveled across the country. They’ve made plans. They’re here. I want to do everything. I can to make your trip enjoyable and give you a show.

No comments: